Maine Data and Reports
- Dental Care among Children with MaineCare and Commercial Dental Benefits, 2019 update and 2016-2019 trends in dental services.
- Oral Health in Maine, 2013. An overview of then-current available information on the burden of oral disease in children and adults of Maine.
- Oral Health in Maine, A background report January 2012
- Improving Access to Oral Health Care for Vulnerable and Underserved Populations, 2012. Report of the Committee on Oral Health Access to Services. Presented to HHS and LCRED Committees by Shelley Gehshan February 2012.
- Dental Work Force Trends, Opportunities for Improving Access. Power Point presentation to the Governors Oral Health Task Force by Shelly Gehshan, March 2008
- Maine Oral Health Improvement Plan Published by the Maine Oral Health Coalition November 2007
- Improving MaineCare Dental Access For Maine Children. Report to Health & Human Services Committee February 2007
- Healthy Mouth Healthy Body; Background from the Watch Your Mouth Campaign
- Fact Sheet on Kids’ Oral Health. You can’t be healthy without good oral health
Pregnancy and Oral Health
- Access to Oral Health Care During the Perinatal Period: A Policy Brief – http://www.mchoralhealth.org/PDFs/PerinatalBrief.pdf – This policy brief was developed to help professionals and the public better understand the importance of oral health during the perinatal period. The brief describes barriers to accessing oral health services and information including myths and misperceptions and presents potential solutions.
- Oral Health Care During Pregnancy: A Summary of Practice Guidelines –http://www.mchoralhealth.org/PDFs/Summary_PracticeGuidelines.pdf – This document summarizes the New York State Department of Health’s publication, Oral Health Care During Pregnancy and Early Childhood: Practice Guidelines, which is geared toward prenatal and oral health professionals. The guidelines are intended to bring about changes in the health care delivery system and to improve the standard of care for pregnant women. A copy of the complete practice guidelines is available at http://www.health.state.ny.us/prevention/dental/oral_health_care_pregnancy_early_childhood.htm
- Promoting Oral Health During Pregnancy –
https://www.mchoralhealth.org/PDFs/oralhealthpregnancyupdate_5_2020.pdf – A collection of program and policy resources
- Perinatal Oral Health Policy Statement –
https://www.astdd.org/docs/perinatal-oral-health-policy-statement-2-26-2020.pdf – From the Association of State and Territorial Dental Directors
- Healthy Smiles for Mom and Baby –
cigna-study-healthy-smiles-for-mom-and-baby-2015.pdf – A 2015 study on expectant and new mothers’ oral health habits
- Coming soon
- Data Resource Center for Child and Adolescent Health – This resource is a free, easy-to-use website that puts national, state, and regional survey findings right at your fingertips! Brought to you by the Child and Adolescent Health Measurement Initiative (CAHMI).
- Safety Net Dental Clinic Manual – This is a reference for starting a new dental clinic or improving the efficiency of an established clinic. It covers a a wide range of topics about planning, operations and quality assurance.
- Seal America: The Prevention Invention – This manual is helpful to those who would like to start a school-based dental sealant program to help prevent dental caries in children.
- Mobile-Portable Dental Manual – This manual uses a public health approach to help individuals and organizations develop or enhance mobile dental clinics or use portable dental equipment to provide oral health services.